Monday, February 27, 2012

Say It Ain't So...

Bad behavior from my SWEET little man????

NO!!! NEVER!!

Ok. Maybe it's true. Well, I wouldn't call it BAD behavior because obviously an 8 month old doesn't know good vs. bad, but lately he has been fighting me on every.single.thing. It is very frustrating to have a little one go from being a perfect angel to being Dennis the Menace in a flash!

He is fighting sleep, fighting his feedings, and throwing tantrums when he doesn't get his way. He's also experiencing some serious separation anxiety these days. If I'm not in his sight, he'll start screaming 9 times out of 10. Don't get me wrong, I love feeling wanted by my baby, but I also want him to be happy, confident, and independent. He is at the prime age for separation anxiety, so I know this is just a phase and I have to keep reminding myself that "This too shall pass".

So what's my solution? Well, in order to keep my sanity, I'm going back to square one. My plan is to re-focus on his feeding/sleeping schedule to get that back on track, and re-directing his attention when he gets upset and frustrated. I don't want to be "that" mother who's constantly yelling "No!" when he gets into something he shouldn't, so instead I'm going to focus on teaching him right from wrong by reinforcing good behavior and ignoring bad behavior.

I am setting my intention to be patient, empathetic, and understanding with my children, while also teaching them how to be happy, confident, independent individuals. I know if I focus just a little extra attention on this I will have my sweet angel back in no time, and Briggs will be able to SHINE once again! I absolutely love being a mommy and I cannot wait to watch my children grow and thrive.

Oh, and one more thing that will help me get through some of the more frustrating times...more WINE! Who's drinking with me!? It's all for the LOVE of this little man.

How can I resist that PRECIOUS little face!? Goodness, I love him.


No comments:

Post a Comment