Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Recap


I could love and squeeze this boy all.day.long. Briggs and his Daddy made sure to spoil me for my first Mother's Day! I am so thankful for these two -- they don't even know how much they mean to me. I am amazed by Blake's thoughtfulness and attention to detail when it comes to "special occasions". He does a very good job of making me feel loved! THANKS DADDY! :)

This month I find myself constantly reminiscing about what was happening at this time last year. May 2011 was one of the most eventful months in my life. I was working on Mother's Day last year, and the next day I had a routine check up with my OB for my 32 week appointment. Despite feeling a little bit "off" for a while, I thought I was totally fine and that my pregnancy was going well. Turns out I had been having a LOT of contractions and didn't even know it (I thought it was just Briggs stretching and moving a lot in my belly). At my appointment my OB decided to send me to Labor & Delivery and that's where things started to get a little crazy. For the next 4 weeks I was in and out of the hospital numerous times, and when I wasn't in the hospital, I was at home on STRICT bedrest with in-home fetal monitoring. On top of the preterm labor issues, I was diagnosed with IUGR (intrauterine growth restriction) and Briggs stopped growing. The Doctors suspected that there were major placenta issues, but they were holding out as long as possible before deciding to deliver this crazy little man. It was chaotic, to say the least! I cooked him as long as possible, but in the middle of the night on June 5th, my water broke and Briggs made his debut shortly after that.

I think Mother's Day will always remind me of that eventful time in my life. Now we've come full circle, and here I am celebrating my first Mother's Day with an almost one-year-old! I cannot believe how time flies, and I am completely in awe of what a funny, smart, little human being my beautiful Son is. I am so excited to see what the future holds for him. It's bound to be a bright one :)

Being a mommy is my favorite thing in the world. I cannot imagine a better blessing. Thank you, God, for choosing ME to be Briggs' mommy, and thank you for giving me a reason to celebrate on Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment